-
March 13th, 2003, 11:03 PM
#1
Inactive Member
A friend has a pair of these beauties that appear to be
from the Golden Age of Hi Fi.They have a gold
colored ALTEC decal at the top and smaller inset grille for speaker
and reflex port. The speaker appears to be a
604 and the port is about 11X4.
What is the speaker "name" & cabinet model#?
What year would it be ?
Picture is at left.
-
March 13th, 2003, 11:20 PM
#2
Inactive Member
That would be the Altec 607 from the early to mid 50's. See:
http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/.../1954-home.htm
-
March 14th, 2003, 04:27 PM
#3
Inactive Member
-
March 14th, 2003, 06:20 PM
#4
Inactive Member
i found a pair of altec sw1's and i just want to know a little about them.
i never new altec made car audio ( shows what i know) anyway please help with a little info
thanks
-
April 19th, 2003, 12:28 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Hi Don. Yes Altec manufactured in late 70's early 80's, I don't remember exactly, a car audio line named "Voice of the Highway". It consists of a line called the "Altec Lansing AL1 High Performance Automotive Sound System".
This system includes a pair of TK1 HF drivers, a pair of SK1 mid/extended-range drivers, a single SW1 sub/bass driver and an AL1 control module.
I owned that system and still has the original user manuals of the TK1 & SK1.
I'm a fan of Altec, Technics & SAE since mid 70's and I still own the following: 2 828 cabinets (bought thru ebay a few weeks ago since I sold mine in '82 when got married) with my originals 421-8LF's, 511B's & 808-8B drivers with their original diaphragms as well as the N1209-8A crossovers. All drivers are stll like new because were well cared of.
Also own a pair of original vintage 934's with 904-8A duplex with N1209-8A.
I used to DJing in late 70's and powered them with a Technics SA-800 & SA-700 receivers (both used also in my home audio), SAE 2400L amp, SAE 2100L preamp, TEAC X7R MKII, TAPCO/EV EX-18 electronic crossover (for biamplification, ADC Sound Shaper Three Mark II paragraphic equalizer & Technics RS-M85 Direct Drive cassette deck all rack mounted and a Technics SL-1500MK2 Quartz DD turntable (precursor of the SL-1200MK2) and Nakamichi 700 3 head cassette deck.
The only equipment remaining (after I sold them in '82) are the Altec's, Tapco, ADC and a new Technics black SL-1200MK2 that replaced the old one two years ago.
I'm planning to prepare a powerful home sounding audio system in the near future.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks